Welcome to Mountsandel Surgery Online
Online services available now:
- Book and cancel GP and treatment room appointments online
- View and order your repeat prescriptions
Please note: Patients need to personally register for these services by completing a form at reception in the surgery.
Already registered? Registered patients can access the services here: http://www.myvisiononline.co.uk
All patients who previously used the system on this website for ordering their repeat medication are encouraged to register for the new service.
You can continue to use this website to:
You can also find out information about medical conditions and diseases through our links page as well as keep up to date with all the latest practice news.
We are always looking to improve our services, and we would be grateful for your feedback or suggestions which you can leave on our contact page.
Before requesting an appointment with a GP, please consider the following:
Urgent appointments : If you feel your problem requires urgent advice or assessment by a GP, please inform the receptionist of this when you are requesting an appointment. Your details will then be passed to a GP for triage and they will arrange to speak to you on the telephone or see you in the surgery if necessary.
Do you really need to see a GP? : If you are requesting an appointment with a GP, please consider whether there is another way that your problem or query could be dealt with.
• Ask a receptionist: Receptionists can often pass medication or prescription queries to a GP without the need for an appointment.
• See the treatment room nurse: Our Nurses can help with and give advice for many common problems e.g. blood pressure checks, contraceptive pill reviews, wound problems, minor ailments and minor injuries.
• Request a telephone consultation with a GP for advice: Some telephone consultations may be booked on a daily basis with each GP.
• Minor ailments: Most otherwise healthy adults and children with minor ailments like coughs, colds and sore throats do not need to see a GP. Please consider trying over the counter remedies or seeking advice from your pharmacist.
If you are in doubt about whether your problem can be dealt with without a GP appointment, please ask a receptionist.
You will not always be able to see your preferred GP: Unfortunately in a large busy practice like Mountsandel, it is inevitable that there will be times when an appointment with your preferred or usual GP is not available. Please consider seeing another GP in this circumstance. Your medical notes are fully computerised and available to any GP in the practice so continuity of care should not be compromised.
DNA (Did Not Attend) appointments: Patients who fail to attend appointments are denying other patients access to see their GP. All non-attendances are recorded and monitored. If you are unable to attend an appointment, please let us know in advance (even at short notice) so that the appointment will not be wasted.
About Mountsandel Surgery
Our practice area includes Coleraine and its catchment area.
The practice moved to its present, purpose-built premises in April 1989. The Practice is not a limited Partnership. We have a branch surgery in Aghadowey and our aim is to deliver a high standard of care for all our patients.
(Site updated 11/12/2014)